Hitesh,

>From your link <http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/#domains>:

You may not use ASF trademarks such as “Apache” or “ApacheFoo” or “Foo” in
your own domain names if that use would be likely to confuse a relevant
consumer about the source of software or services provided through your
website, without written approval of the VP, Apache Brand Management or
designee.

The title on the packages website is “A community index of packages for
Apache Spark.” Furthermore, the footnote of the website reads “Spark
Packages is a community site hosting modules that are not part of Apache
Spark.”

I think there’s nothing on there that would “confuse a relevant consumer
about the source of software”. It’s pretty clear that the Spark Packages
name is well within the ASF’s guidelines.

Have I misunderstood the ASF’s policy?

Nick
​