"[T]his sort of Exception" is deeply misleading since what Michael posted
is just the very tail-end of the process of Spark shutting down when an
unhandled exception is thrown somewhere else.  "[T]his sort of Exception"
is not the root cause of the problem, but rather will be the common outcome
from numerous root causes.  To find the root cause and what sort of
Exception is actually being thrown to cause Spark to shut down, you can't
look just at the tail-end of the Driver logs but must dig further back in
this and/or other logs that Spark nodes are generating.