>From what I can tell, this isn't a "firewall" issue per se..it's how the
Remoting Service "binds" to an IP given cmd line parameters.  So, if I have
a VM (or OpenStack or EC2 instance) running on a private network let's say,
where the IP address is 192.168.X.Y...I can't tell the Workers to "reach me
on this IP."  Because the Remoting Service binds to the interface passed in
those parameters.

So, if my "public" IP is a routable IP address...but the one the VM sees is
the 192.168.X.Y address..it appears I can't do some kinda of port
forwarding from the external to the internal...is this correct?

If I set spark.driver.host and spark.driver.port properties at the command
line..it tries to actually bind to that IP..rather than just telling the
worker..reach back to this IP.  Is there a way around this?  Is there a way
to tell the workers which IP address to use..WITHOUT, binding to it maybe?
Maybe allow the Remoting Service to bind to the internal IP..but, advertise
it differently?