Hi,
       I'm testing parquet file format, and the predicate pushdown is a very
useful feature for us.
       However, it looks like the predicate push down doesn't work after I set
      sqlContext.sql("SET spark.sql.parquet.filterPushdown=true")        Here
is my sql:       sqlContext.sql("select adId, adTitle  from ad where
groupId=10113000").collect

       Then, I checked the amount of input data on the WEB UI. But the amount
of input data is ALWAYS 80.2M regardless whether I turn the
spark.sql.parquet.filterPushdown flag on or off.
       I'm not sure, if there is anything that I must do when generating the
parquet file in order to make the predicate pushdown available. (Like ORC file,
when creating the ORC file, I need to explicitly sort the field that will be
used for predicate pushdown)
       Anyone have any idea?
       And, anyone knows the internal mechanism for parquet predicate pushdown?
       Thanks