Hi all,

We have a web application that connects to a Spark cluster to trigger some
calculation there. It also caches big amount of data in the Spark executors'
cache.

To meet high availability requirements we need to run 2 instances of our web
application on different hosts. Doing this straightforward will mean that
the second application fires another set of executors that will initialize
their own huge cache totally identical to that for the first application.

Ideally we would like to reuse the cache in Spark for the needs of all
instances of our applications.

I am aware of the possibility to use Tachyon to externalize executors'
cache. Currently exploring other options.

Is there any way to allow several instances of the same application to
connect to the same set of Spark executors?