Hi Michael,

I have got the directory based column support working at least in a trial. I
have put the trial code here - DirIndexParquet.scala
<https://github.com/MickDavies/spark-parquet-dirindex/blob/master/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/parquet/DirIndexParquet.scala>
 it has involved me copying quite a lot of newParquet.

There are some tests here that parquet
<https://github.com/MickDavies/spark-parquet-dirindex/tree/master/src/test/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/parquet>
 illustrate use.

I’d be keen to help in anyway with the datasources API changes that you
mention, would you like to discuss?

Thanks

Mick