Hi Kane,

Here's the command line you sent me privately:
 ./spark-1.2.0-bin-hadoop2.4/bin/spark-submit --class
SimpleApp --conf
"spark.executor.extraJavaOptions=-XX:+UnlockCommercialFeatures
-XX:+FlightRecorder" --master local simpleapp.jar ./test.log

You're running the app in "local" mode. In that mode, the executor is
run as a thread inside the same JVM as the driver, so all
executor-related options are ignored.

Try using "local-cluster[1,1,512]" as your master, that will run a
single executor in a separate process, and then you should see your
options take effect.

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 11:12 AM, Kane Kim <kane.ist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to add some java options when submitting application:
> --conf "spark.executor.extraJavaOptions=-XX:+UnlockCommercialFeatures
> -XX:+FlightRecorder"
>
> But looks like it doesn't get set. Where I can add it to make it working?
>
> Thanks.

Marcelo