I don't think this has anything to do with transferring anything from
the driver, or per task. I'm talking about a singleton object in the
JVM that loads whatever you want from wherever you want and holds it
in memory once per JVM. That is, I do not think you have to use
broadcast, or even any Spark mechanism.