From: Tobias Pfeiffer [mailto:t...@preferred.jp]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:26 AM
To: Wang, Daoyuan
Cc: user
Subject: Re: MatchError in JsonRDD.toLong

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 6:14 PM, Wang, Daoyuan
<daoyuan.w...@intel.com<mailto:daoyuan.w...@intel.com>> wrote:
The second parameter of jsonRDD is the sampling ratio when we infer schema.

OK, I was aware of this, but I guess I understand the problem now. My sampling
ratio is so low that I only see the Long values of data items and infer it's a
Long. When I meet the data that's actually longer than Long, I get the error I
posted; basically it's the same situation as when specifying a wrong schema
manually.

So is there any way around this other than increasing the sample ratio to
discover also the very BigDecimal-sized numbers?

Thanks
Tobias