Thanks for the clarification on the partitioning.

I did what you suggested and tried reading in individual part-* files --
some of them are ~1.7Gb in size and that's where it's failing. When I
increase the number of partitions before writing to disk, it seems to work.
Would be nice if this was somehow automatically corrected!

Thanks,

Rok