Hi,

To order to let a local spark-shell connect to  a remote spark stand-alone
cluster and access  hive tables there, I must put the hive-site.xml file into
the local spark installation's conf path, but spark-shell even can't import the
default settings there, I found two errors:

<property>

      <name>hive.metastore.client.connect.retry.delay</name>

      <value>5s</value>

    </property>

    <property>

      <name>hive.metastore.client.socket.timeout</name>

      <value>1800s</value>

    </property>

Spark-shell try to read 5s and 1800s and integers, they must be changed to 5
and 1800 to let spark-shell work, It's suggested to be fixed in future versions.