the whole spark.files.userClassPathFirs never really worked for me in
standalone mode, since jars were added dynamically which means they had
different classloaders leading to a real classloader hell if you tried to
add a newer version of jar that spark already used. see:

do i understand it correctly that on yarn the the customer jars are truly
placed before the yarn and spark jars on classpath? meaning at container
construction time, on the same classloader? that would be great news for
me. it would open up the possibility of using newer versions of many
libraries.