Hi,

I am planning to use Spark for a Web-based adhoc reporting tool on massive
date-sets on S3. Real-time queries with filters, aggregations and joins
could be constructed from UI selections.

Online documentation seems to suggest that SharkQL is deprecated and users
should move away from it.  I understand Hive is generally not used for
real-time querying and for Spark SQL to work with other data stores, tables
need to be registered explicitly in code. Also, the This would not be
suitable for a dynamic query construction scenario.

For a real-time , dynamic querying scenario like mine what is the proper
tool to be used with Spark SQL?

Regards,
Ashish