Hello,

I was looking at GraphX as I believe it can be useful in my research on
temporal data and I had a number of questions about the system:

1) How do you actually run programs in GraphX? At the moment I've been doing
everything live through the shell, but I'd obviously like to be able to work
on it by writing and running scripts.

2) Is there a way to check the status of the partitions of a graph? For
example, I want to determine for starters if the number of partitions
requested are always made, like if I ask for 8 partitions but only have 4
cores what happens?

3) Would I be able to partition by vertex instead of edges, even if I had to
write it myself? I know partitioning by edges is favored in a majority of
the cases, but for the sake of research I'd like to be able to do both.

4) Is there a better way to time processes outside of using built-in unix
timing through the logs or something?

Thank you very much for your insight,
Matthew Bucci