Hello all,

I am trying to integrate Spark with Tranquility
(https://github.com/metamx/tranquility) and when I start the Spark program,
I get the error below:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/jackson/annotate/JsonClass
        at
org.codehaus.jackson.map.introspect.JacksonAnnotationIntrospector.findDeserializationType(JacksonAnnotationIntrospector.java:524)
        at
org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.BasicDeserializerFactory.modifyTypeByAnnotation(BasicDeserializerFactory.java:732)
        at
org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.BeanDeserializerFactory.createBeanDeserializer(BeanDeserializerFactory.java:427)
        at
org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.StdDeserializerProvider._createDeserializer(StdDeserializerProvider.java:398)
        at
org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.StdDeserializerProvider._createAndCache2(StdDeserializerProvider.java:307)
        at
org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.StdDeserializerProvider._createAndCacheValueDeserializer(StdDeserializerProvider.java:287)

The Tranquility library uses Jackson 2.4.4 (as does Druid) while I think
something in Spark is using jackson-core-asl which is the deprecated version
of the Jackson library.

I am using sbt assembly to create an assembly file to use via spark-submit
and I tried to force it to add the older version containing the package
referenced in the error above. I see that the assembly jar has that package
now but it is still being ignored by Spark.

Any idea how to go about finding a solution?

Thanks.