Hi Anny,

You could play with creating your own log4j.properties that will write
the output somewhere else (e.g. to some remote mount, or remote
syslog). Sorry, but I don't have an example handy.

Alternatively, if you can use Yarn, it will collect all logs after the
job is finished and make them available as a single file using the
"yarn logs" command.

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 11:31 AM, anny9699 <anny9...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if there's some way that could lead some of the worker stdout
> to one place instead of in each worker's stdout. For example, I have the
> following code
>
> RDD.foreach{line =>
> try{
> do something
> }catch{
> case e:exception => println(line)
> }
> }
>
> Every time I want to check what's causing the exception, I have to check one
> worker after another in the UI, because I don't know which worker will be
> dealing with the exception case. Is there a way that the "println" could
> print to one place instead of separate worker stdout so that I only need to
> check one place?
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Anny

Marcelo