I think I'm getting more confused the longer this thread goes. So
rdd1.dependencies provides immediate parents to rdd1. For now i'm going to
walk my internal DAG from the root down and see where running the caching
of siblings concurrently gets me.

I still like your point, Sean, about trying to do this at the partition
level. I'll try something to see where I can get with that next.