This was discussed in the past and viewed as dangerous to enable. The
biggest problem, by far, comes when you have a job that output M
partitions, 'overwriting' a directory of data containing N > M old
partitions. You suddenly have a mix of new and old data.

It doesn't match Hadoop's semantics either, which won't let you do
this. You can of course simply remove the output directory.