Hi,
 Sorry for the wrong formatting in the earlier mail.

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Tathagata Das <t...@databricks.com> wrote:

> That's not super essential, and hence hasn't been done till now. Even in
> core Spark there are MappedRDD, etc. even though all of them can be
> implemented by MapPartitionedRDD (may be the name is wrong). So its nice to
> maintain the consistency, MappedDStream creates MappedRDDs. :)
> Though this does not eliminate the possibility that we will do it. Maybe
> in future, if we find that maintaining these different DStreams is becoming
> a maintenance burden (its isn't yet), we may collapse them to use
> transform. We did so in the python API for exactly this reason.

  Ok. When I was going through source code it confused me to understand
what were right extension points were. So I thought whoever go   through
the code may get into same situation.  But if it's not super essential then
ok.

> If you are interested in contributing to Spark Streaming, i can point you
> to a number of issues where your contributions will be more valuable.

   That will be great.

> TD
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 1:56 AM, madhu phatak <phatak....@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>  Thank you for the  response.
>>
>>  Can I give a PR to use transform for all the functions like map,flatMap
>> etc so they are consistent with other API's?.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Madhukara Phatak
>> http://datamantra.io/
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 11:42 PM, Tathagata Das <t...@databricks.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It's mostly for legacy reasons. First we had added all the
>>> MappedDStream, etc. and then later we realized we need to expose something
>>> that is more generic for arbitrary RDD-RDD transformations. It can be
>>> easily replaced. However, there is a slight value in having MappedDStream,
>>> for developers to learn about DStreams.
>>>
>>> TD

Regards,
Madhukara Phatak