Hi Ankur,
Thanks for the answer. However i still have following queries.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 8:39 AM, Ankur Dave <ankurd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 10:39 AM, mas <mas.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> How does GraphX stores the routing table? Is it stored on the master node
>> or
>> chunks of the routing table is send to each partition that maintains the
>> record of vertices and edges at that node?
>>

> The latter: the routing table is stored alongside the vertices, and for
> each vertex it stores the set of edge partitions that reference that
> vertex.

*Then how the master node tracks that where(in which partition) a
particular vertex and edge is?*

*Further, does it mean that to fetch a particular edge we first have to
find its source or destination vertex  ?*

> If only customized edge partitioning is performed will the corresponding
>> vertices be sent to same partition or not ?
>

> If I understand correctly, you're asking whether it's possible to colocate
> the vertices with the edges so they don't have to move during replication.
> It's possible to do this in some cases by partitioning each edge based on a
> hash partitioner of its source or destination vertex. GraphX will still do
> replication using a shuffle, but most of the shuffle files should be local
> in this case.
>
> I tried this a while ago but didn't find a very big improvement for
> PageRank. Ultimately a more general solution would be to unify the vertex
> and edge RDDs by designating one replica for each vertex as the master.
> This would also reduce the storage cost by a factor of (average degree -
> 1)/(average degree).

*What do you exactly mean here by "desingating one replica for each vertex
as the master" ? How can we perform this ?*

--
Regards,
Muhammad Aamir

*CONFIDENTIALITY:This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and
may be confidential and/or privileged.If you are not the intended
recipient,please delete it,notify me and do not copy,use,or disclose its
content.*