On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 7:36 AM, Shuai Zheng <szheng.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. So may I know what is your configuration for more/smaller
> executors on r3.8xlarge, how big of the memory that you eventually decide
> to give one executor without impact performance (for example: 64g? ).

We're currently using 16 executors with 2 cores each per instance. This is
mainly due to the S3 throughput observations I mentioned (all based on
earlier versions, so I would not be surprised if larger executors will work
equally well now). Among these, we chop the available memory up equally,
but we still leave a lot of extra room for Python workers (as a result of
SPARK-5395; since that's fixed, we have more room to grow the JVM heap now).

Best,
-Sven

--
www.skrasser.com <http://www.skrasser.com/?utm_source=sig>