Hi,

it looks you are writing to a local filesystem. Could you try writing to a location visible by all nodes (master and workers), e.g. nfs share?

 HTH,
  Tomasz

W dniu 21.05.2015 o 17:16, rroxanaioana pisze:
Hello!
I just started with Spark. I have an application which counts words in a
file (1 MB file).
The file is stored locally. I loaded the file using native code and then
created the RDD from it.

                 JavaRDD<String> rddFromFile = context.parallelize(myFile,
2);
                JavaRDD<String> words = rddFromFile.flatMap(...);
                JavaPairRDD<String, Integer> pairs = words.mapToPair(...);
                JavaPairRDD<String, Integer> counter = pairs.reduceByKey(..);

                counter.saveAsTextFile("file:///root/output");
                context.close();

I have one master and 2 slaves. I run the program from the master node.
The output directory is created on the master node and on the 2 nodes. On
the master node I have only one file _SUCCES (empty) and on the nodes I have
_temporary file. I printed the counter at the console, the result seems ok.
What am I doing wrong?
Thank you!