My current example doesn't use a Hive UDAF, but you would  do something
pretty similar (it calls a new user defined UDAF, and there are wrappers to
make Spark SQL UDAFs from Hive UDAFs but they are private). So this is
doable, but since it pokes at internals it will likely break between
versions of Spark. If you want to see the WIP PR I have with Sparkling
Pandas its at
https://github.com/sparklingpandas/sparklingpandas/pull/90/files . If your
doing this in JVM and just want to know how to wrap the Hive UDAF, you can
grep/look in sql/hive/ in Spark, but I'd encourage you to see if there is
another way to accomplish what you want (since poking at the internals is
kind of dangerous).