Are you using a build for scala 2.11? I’ve encountered the same behaviour
trying to run on Yarn with scala 2.11 and Spark 1.3.0, 1.3.1 and 1.4.0.RC3
and raised JIRA issue here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-7944.
Would be good to know if this is identical to what you’re seeing on Mesos.

Thanks
Alex