Thanks Akhil!

I just looked it up in the code as well.

Receiver.store(ArrayBuffer[T], ...)
    ReceiverSupervisorImpl.pushArrayBuffer(ArrayBuffer[T], ...)
    ReceiverSupervisorImpl.pushAndReportBlock(...)
        WriteAheadLogBasedBlockHandler.storeBlock(...)
            This implementation stores the block into the block
manager as well as a write ahead log. It does this in parallel, using
Scala Futures, and returns only after the block has been stored in
both places.

https://www.codatlas.com/github.com/apache/spark/master/streaming/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/streaming/receiver/ReceivedBlockHandler.scala?keyword=WriteAheadLogBasedBlockHandler&line=160