With sparkstreaming when you use fileStream or textFileStream it will
always pick up the files from the directory whose timestamp is > the
current timestamp, and if you have checkpointing enabled then it would
start from the last read timestamp. So you may not need to maintain the
line number.

Thanks
Best Regards

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 5:55 PM, Manohar753 <manohar.re...@happiestminds.com