Hi Silvio,

Thanks for your response.
I should clarify. I would like to do updates on a structure iteratively. I
am not sure if updateStateByKey meets my criteria.

In the current situation, I can run some map reduce tasks and generate a
JavaPairDStream<Key,Value>, after this my algorithm is necessarily
sequential ... i.e. I have sorted the data using the timestamp(within the
messages), and I would like to iterate over it, and maintain a state where
I can update a model.

I tried using foreach/foreachRDD, and collect to do this, but I can't seem
to propagate values across microbatches/RDD's.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Nipun