From: Steve Loughran [mailto:ste...@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 7:22 PM
To: Jonathon Cai
Cc: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: Web UI vs History Server Bugs

well, I'm afraid you've reached the limits of my knowledge ... hopefully
someone else can answer

On 22 Jun 2015, at 16:37, Jonathon Cai <jonathon....@yale.edu> wrote:

No, what I'm seeing is that while the cluster is running, I can't see the
app info after the app is completed. That is to say, when I click on the
application name on master:8080, no info is shown. However, when I examine
the same file on the History Server, the application information opens fine.

On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 6:47 AM, Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

> On 17 Jun 2015, at 19:10, jcai <jonathon....@yale.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am running this on Spark stand-alone mode. I find that when I examine
the
> web UI, a couple bugs arise:
>
> 1. There is a discrepancy between the number denoting the duration of the
> application when I run the history server and the number given by the web
UI
> (default address is master:8080). I checked more specific details,
including
> task and stage durations (when clicking on the application), and these
> appear to be the same for both avenues.
>
> 2. Sometimes the web UI on master:8080 is unable to display more specific
> information for an application that has finished (when clicking on the
> application), even when there is a log file in the appropriate directory.
> But when the history server is opened, it is able to read this file and
> output information.

There's a JIRA open on the history server caching incomplete work...if you
click on the link to a job while it's in progress, you don't get any updates
later.

does this sound like what you are seeing?