Hi,

I've been researching spark for a couple of months now, and I strongly
believe it can solve our problem.

We are developing an application that allows the user to analyze various
sources of information. We are dealing with non-technical users, so simply
giving them and interactive shell won't do the trick.

To allow the users to execute queries, I have considered writing a Spark
application that exposes a RESTful api and runs on our cluster. This
application will execute the queries on demand on different threads.
We need to serve a few thousand users.

I should mention that I've looked into Spark Job-Server too, it looks
promising however it's not quite what we are looking for.

I wanted to here your input on this solution, and maybe if you can suggest a
better one.
Thank you.