From: Sean Owen [mailto:so...@cloudera.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 8, 2015 2:52 PM
To: dgoldenberg; user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: foreachRDD vs. forearchPartition ?

These are quite different operations. One operates on RDDs in  DStream and one
operates on partitions of an RDD. They are not alternatives.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015, 2:43 PM dgoldenberg <dgoldenberg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is there a set of best practices for when to use foreachPartition vs.
foreachRDD?

Is it generally true that using foreachPartition avoids some of the
over-network data shuffling overhead?

When would I definitely want to use one method vs. the other?

Thanks.