Thanks Feynman for your direction.

I was able to solve this problem by calling Spark API from Java.

Here is a code snippet that may help other people who might face the same
challenge.

        if (args.length > 2) {
            earliestEventDate = Integer.parseInt(args[2]);
        } else {
            Date now = Calendar.getInstance().getTime();
            SimpleDateFormat dateFormat = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyyMMdd");
            earliestEventDate = Integer.parseInt(dateFormat.format(new
Date(now.getTime()-30L*AnalyticsConstants.ONE_DAY_IN_MILLISECONDS)));
        }
        System.out.println("Filtering out dates earlier than: " +
earliestEventDate);
        JavaRDD<String> logLines = sc.textFile(inputFile);

        // Convert the text log lines to DailyDeviceAggregates objects and
cache them
        JavaRDD<DailyDeviceAggregates> accessLogs =
logLines.map(Functions.PARSE_DEVICE_AGGREGATE_LINE).filter(new
Function<DailyDeviceAggregates, Boolean>() {
            @Override
            public Boolean call(DailyDeviceAggregates value) {
                return (value.getEventdate() >= earliestEventDate);
            }
        }).cache();
        // accessLogs.saveAsTextFile("accessLogs.saved");

        JavaPairRDD<Object, Iterable<DailyDeviceAggregates>> groupMap =
accessLogs.groupBy(new Function<DailyDeviceAggregates, Object>() {
            @Override
            public Object call(DailyDeviceAggregates agg) throws Exception {
                return agg.getDevice_id();
            }
        });
        // groupMap.saveAsTextFile("groupedAccessLogs.saved");

        JavaPairRDD<Object, DailyDeviceSummary> deviceCharacteristics =
groupMap.mapValues(new Function<Iterable<DailyDeviceAggregates>,
DailyDeviceSummary>() {
            @Override
            public DailyDeviceSummary call(Iterable<DailyDeviceAggregates>
allDeviceDataForMonth) throws Exception {
                // First task is to sort the input values by eventdate
                ArrayList<DailyDeviceAggregates> arr = new
ArrayList<DailyDeviceAggregates>();
                for (DailyDeviceAggregates agg: allDeviceDataForMonth) {
                    arr.add(agg);
                }
                Collections.sort(arr);
                // Done sorting

                double bytesTransferred[] = new double[arr.size()];
                double bytesIn[] = new double[arr.size()];
                double bytesOut[] = new double[arr.size()];

                DailyDeviceAggregates lastAggregate = null;
                int index = 0;
                for (DailyDeviceAggregates aggregate : arr) {
                    // System.out.println(aggregate);
                    bytesIn[index] = aggregate.getBytes_in();
                    bytesOut[index] = aggregate.getBytes_out();
                    bytesTransferred[index] = aggregate.getBytes_transferred();
                    lastAggregate = aggregate;
                }
                BollingerBands bollingerBytesTransferrred = new
BollingerBands(bytesTransferred, 30, 2.0);
                BollingerBands bollingerBytesIn = new BollingerBands(bytesIn,
30, 2.0);
                BollingerBands bollingerBytesOut = new BollingerBands(bytesOut,
30, 2.0);

                return new DailyDeviceSummary(lastAggregate.getAccount_id(),
lastAggregate.getDevice_id(), index,
                        bollingerBytesIn.getLastMean(),
bollingerBytesOut.getLastMean(), bollingerBytesTransferrred.getLastMean(),
                        bollingerBytesIn.getLastStandardDeviation(),
bollingerBytesOut.getLastStandardDeviation(),
bollingerBytesTransferrred.getLastStandardDeviation(),
                        (long)bollingerBytesIn.getLastUpperThreshold(),
(long)bollingerBytesOut.getLastUpperThreshold(),
(long)bollingerBytesTransferrred.getLastUpperThreshold(),
                        (long)bollingerBytesIn.getLastLowerThreshold(),
(long)bollingerBytesOut.getLastLowerThreshold(),
(long)bollingerBytesTransferrred.getLastLowerThreshold());
            }
        });

        deviceCharacteristics.values().saveAsTextFile(outputFile);

Anupam Bagchi