I'm not sure why the UI appears broken like that either and haven't
investigated it myself yet, but if you instead go to the YARN
ResourceManager UI (port 8088 if you are using emr-4.x; port 9026 for 3.x,
I believe), then you should be able to click on the ApplicationMaster link
(or the History link for completed applications) to get to the Spark UI
from there. The ApplicationMaster link will use the YARN Proxy Service
(port 20888 on emr-4.x; not sure about 3.x) to proxy through the Spark
application's UI, regardless of what port it's running on. For completed
applications, the History link will send you directly to the Spark History
Server UI on port 18080. Hope that helps!

~ Jonathan