All,

We're looking at language choice in developing a simple streaming
processing application in spark.  We've got a small set of example code
built in Scala.  Articles like the following:
http://www.bigdatatidbits.cc/2015/02/navigating-from-scala-to-spark-for.html
would seem to indicate that Scala is great for use in distributed
programming (including Spark).  However, there is a large group of folks
that seem to feel that interoperability with other Java libraries is much
to be desired, and that the cost of learning (yet another) language is
quite high.

Has anyone looked at Scala for Spark dev in an enterprise environment?
What was the outcome?

Regards,

Bryan Jeffrey