Thanks Akhil, seems like an interesting option to consider.
Do you know if the package is production-ready? Do you use it in production?

And do you know if it works for Spark 1.3.1 as well? README mentions that
package in spark-packages.org is built with Spark 1.4.1.

Anyway, it  seems that core Spark Streaming does not support my case? Or
anyone can instruct me on how to do it? Let's say, that I'm even fine (but
not content about) with using KafkaCluster private class that is included
in Spark, for manual managing ZK offsets. Has someone done it before? Has
someone public code examples of manually managing ZK offsets?

Thanks,
Krzysztof