Hi Davies,

This was first query on new version.

The one which ran successfully was Spark Pi example

./bin/spark-submit --class org.apache.spark.examples.SparkPi \

    --master yarn-client \

    --num-executors 3 \

    --driver-memory 4g \

    --executor-memory 2g \

    --executor-cores 1 \

    --queue default \

    lib/spark-examples*.jar \

    10

Then i tried using spark-shell , which was started without any extra memory
Grabage collection or Permgen configurations

./bin/spark-shell --num-executors 2 --executor-memory 512m --master
yarn-client

val t1= sqlContext.sql("select count(*) from table")

t1.show

This one fails with PermGen

I will try on Monday the solution suggested about passing extra PermGen to
driver.

Thanks,