It is working, We are doing the same thing everyday.  But the remote server
needs to able to talk with ResourceManager.

If you are using Spark-submit,  your will also specify the hadoop conf
directory in your Env variable. Spark would rely on that to locate where
the cluster's resource manager is.

I think this tutorial is pretty clear:
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/running-on-yarn.html