I also have the same use case as Augustus, and have some basic questions
about recovery from checkpoint. I have a 10 node Kafka cluster and a 30
node Spark cluster running streaming job, how is the (topic, partition)
data handled in checkpointing. The scenario I want to understand is, in
case of node failure how will a new node know the checkpoint of the failed
node?
The amount of data we have is huge and we can't run from the smallest
offset.

Thanks,
Sourabh