Ok thanks, but can I also update data instead of insert data ?

----- Mail original -----
De: "Brett Antonides" <banto...@gmail.com>
À: user@spark.apache.org
Envoyé: Vendredi 2 Octobre 2015 18:18:18
Objet: Re: HDFS small file generation problem

I had a very similar problem and solved it with Hive and ORC files using the
Spark SQLContext.
* Create a table in Hive stored as an ORC file (I recommend using partitioning
too)
* Use SQLContext.sql to Insert data into the table
* Use SQLContext.sql to periodically run ALTER TABLE...CONCATENATE to merge
your many small files into larger files optimized for your HDFS block size
* Since the CONCATENATE command operates on files in place it is transparent to
any downstream processing

Cheers,
Brett