Hi, I am following the spark streaming stateful  application example to write
a stateful application
and here is the critical line of code.

    val keyStateStream = actRegBatchCountStream.updateStateByKey(update, new
HashPartitioner(ssc.sparkContext.defaultParallelism), true, initKeyStateRDD)

I noticed from log that spark by default is using sort partition for
shuffle.  So my questions
are

1) So if I use HashPartitioner here, how the sort and hash co-exist/co-work
to the shuffle related to updateStateByKey?
2) Is there an successful example of using other Partitioner in
updateStateByKey?

Thanks.

Tian