Hey folks,

I have a very large number of Kafka topics (many thousands of partitions) that
I want to consume, filter based on topic-specific filters, then produce back to
filtered topics in Kafka.

Using the receiver-less based approach with Spark 1.4.1 (described
here<https://github.com/koeninger/kafka-exactly-once/blob/master/blogpost.md>)
I am able to use either KafkaUtils.createDirectStream or KafkaUtils.createRDD,
consume from many topics, and filter them with the same filters but I can't
seem to wrap my head around how to apply topic-specific filters, or to finally
produce to topic-specific destination topics.

Another point would be that I will need to checkpoint the metadata after each
successful batch and set starting offsets per partition back to ZK.  I expect I
can do that on the final RDDs after casting them accordingly, but if anyone has
any expertise/guidance doing that and is willing to share, I'd be pretty
grateful.