Right, there're only 2 kinds of stage: ResultStage & ShuffleMapStage.
ShuffleMapStage will shuffle its data for downstream consumption, but
ResultStage don't need to do that.

I guess you may be confused these concepts with Map/Reduce.   Actually
ShuffleMapStage could be represented as either Map or Reduce as long as it
produce intermediate data for downstream consumption.