We're seeing a bunch of .snapshot files being created under
/home/spark/Snapshots, such as the following for example:

CoarseGrainedExecutorBackend-2015-08-27-shutdown.snapshot
CoarseGrainedExecutorBackend-2015-08-31-shutdown-1.snapshot
SparkSubmit-2015-08-31-shutdown-1.snapshot
Worker-2015-08-27-shutdown.snapshot

These files are large and they blow out our disk space in some environments.

What are these, when are they created and for what purpose?  Is there a way
to control how they're generated and most importantly where they're stored?

Thanks.