Hi,
I am new to Spark.
I am trying to use spark-sql with SPARK CREATED and HIVE CREATED tables.
I have successfully made Hive metastore to be used by Spark.
In spark-sql I can see the DDL for Hive tables. However, when I do select
count(1) from HIVE_TABLE it always returns zero rows.
If I create a table in spark as create table SPARK_TABLE as select * from
HIVE_TABLE, the table schema is created but no data.
I can then use Hive to do INSET SELECT from HIVE_TABLE into SPARK_TABLE. That
works.
I can then use spark-sql to query the table.
My questions:

   - Is this correct that spark-sql only sees data in spark created tables but
not any data in Hive tables?
   - How can I make Spark read data from existing Hive tables.

Thanks