Date: Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 7:18 AM
To: Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com<mailto:ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>>
Cc: user <user@spark.apache.org<mailto:user@spark.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Improve saveAsTextFile performance

>If you are doing a join/groupBy kind of operations then you need to make sure
>the keys are evenly distributed throughout the partitions.

Yes I am doing join/groupBy operations.Can you point me to docs on how to do
this?

Spark 1.5.2

First attempt
Aggregated Metrics by Executor
Executor ID     Address Task Time ▾     Total Tasks     Failed Tasks
Succeeded Tasks Shuffle Read Size / Records     Shuffle Write Size / Records
Shuffle Spill (Memory)  Shuffle Spill (Disk)
32      rc-spark-poc-w-3.c.dailymotion-data.internal:51748      1.2 h   18
0       18      4.4 MB / 167812 51.5 GB / 128713        153.1 GB        51.1 GB

Second Attempt

Aggregated Metrics by Executor
Executor ID     Address Task Time ▾     Total Tasks     Failed Tasks
Succeeded Tasks Shuffle Read Size / Records
5       rc-spark-poc-w-1.c.dailymotion-data.internal:41061      47 min  8
0       8       3.9 MB / 95334

Best Regards,
Ram