Yeah, that's what I thought.

In this specific case, I'm porting over some scripts from an existing RDBMS
platform.  I had been porting them (slowly) to in-code notation with python
or scala.  However, to expedite my efforts (and presumably theirs since I'm
not doing this forever), I went down the SQL path.  The problem is the loss
of type and the possibility for SQL injection. No biggie, just means that
where parameterized queries are in-play, we'll have to write it out in-code
rather than in SQL.

Thanks,

Aaron