Thank you mwy and Sun for your response. Yes basic things are working for me
using this connector(guava issue was encountered earlier but with proper
exclusion of old version we have resolved it).

The current issue is strange one �C we have a kafka-spark-cassandra streaming
job in spark. The all jobs are working fine in local cluster (local lab) using
1.3.0 spark. We are trying the same setup in Google cloud platform in 1.3.0 the
jobs are up but it does not seems to be processing the kafka messages. Using
1.5.2 spark with 1.5.0-M3 connector + 0.8.2.2 kafka I am able to make most of
the jobs work but one of them is processing only 1 out of 50 messages from
kafka.
We have wrote a test program(scala we use) to parse data from kafka stream �C
it is working fine and always receives the messages. It connects to Cassandra
gets some data works fine and prints the input data till that time,  but when I
enable the join,map,reduce login , it starts to miss the message(not printing
above worked lines also). Please find the lines added below, once I add the
commented line to the job , it does not print any incoming data while I am able
to print till then. Any ideas how to debug?

val cqlOfferSummaryRdd = ssc.sc.cql3Cassandra[OfferSummary](casOfferSummary)
              .map(summary => (summary.listingId, (summary.offerId,
summary.redeem, summary.viewed, summary.reserved)))

/**
              //RDD -> ((listingId, searchId), Iterable(offerId, redeemCount,
viewCount))
              val directListingOfferSummary = directViews.transform(Rdd => {
Rdd.join(cqlOfferSummaryRdd,10)}) //RDD -> ((listingId), (Direct, (offerId,
redeemCount, viewCount)))
              .map(rdd => ((rdd._1, rdd._2._1.searchId, rdd._2._2._1),
(rdd._2._2._2, rdd._2._2._3, rdd._2._2._4))) //RDD -> ((listingId, searchId,
offerId), (redeemCount, viewCount))
              .reduceByKey((a, b) => (a._1 + b._1, a._2 + b._2, a._3 + b._3))
              .map(rdd => ((rdd._1._1, rdd._1._2), (rdd._1._3, rdd._2._1,
rdd._2._2, rdd._2._3))).groupByKey(10) //RDD -> ((listingId, searchId),
Iterable(offerId, redeemCount, viewCount))
              directListingOfferSummary.print()

**/

Regards,
Vivek