From: Don Drake <dondr...@gmail.com>
To: Darin McBeath <ddmcbe...@yahoo.com>
Cc: User <user@spark.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 10:10 AM
Subject: Re: Spark 1.6 and Application History not working correctly

I noticed a similar problem going from 1.5.x to 1.6.0 on YARN.

I resolved it be setting the following command-line parameters:

spark.eventLog.enabled=true

spark.eventLog.dir=<PATH_TO_HISTORY_DATA>

-Don

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 8:29 AM, Darin McBeath <ddmcbe...@yahoo.com.invalid>
wrote:

I tried using Spark 1.6 in a stand-alone cluster this morning.

>I submitted 2 jobs (and they both executed fine).  In fact, they are the exact
>same jobs with just some different parameters.
>
>I was able to view the application history for the first job.
>
>However, when I tried to view the second job, I get the following error
>message.
>
>Application history not found (app-20160113140054-0001)
>No event logs found for application SparkSync Application in
>file:///root/spark/applicationHistory. Did you specify the correct logging
>directory?
>

>Everything works fine with Spark 1.5.  I'm able to view the application
>history for both jobs.
>
>Has anyone else noticed this issue?  Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Darin.

Donald Drake
Drake Consulting