We have the setup on Google cloud platform. Each node has 8 CPU + 30GB memory.
10 nodes for spark another 9nodes for Cassandra.
We are using spark 1.3.0 and Datastax bundle 4.5.9(which has 2.0.x Cassandra).
Spark master and worker daemon uses Xmx & Xms 4G. We have not changed the
default setting of Cassandra, should we be increasing the JVM memory?

we have 9 streaming jobs the core usage varies from 2-6 and memory usage from 1
- 4 gb.

We have budget to use higher CPU or higher memory systems hence was planning to
have them together on more efficient nodes.

Regards
Vivek
On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 7:13 am, Ted Yu