I believe you need to co-locate your Zeppelin on the same node where Spark
is installed. You need to specify the SPARK HOME. The master I used was
YARN.

Zeppelin exposes a notebook interface. A notebook can have many paragraphs.
You run the paragraphs. You can mix multiple contexts in the same notebook.
So first paragraph can be scala, second can be sql that uses DF from first
paragraph etc. If you use a select query, the output is automatically
displayed as a chart.

As RDDs are bound to the context that creates them, I don't think Zeppelin
can use those RDDs.

I don't know if notebooks can be reused within other notebooks. It would be
a nice way of doing some common preparatory work (like building these RDDs).

Regards
Sab

--

Architect - Big Data
Ph: +91 99805 99458

Manthan Systems | *Company of the year - Analytics (2014 Frost and Sullivan
India ICT)*
+++