Thanks Koert and Alexander

I think the yarn configuration parameters in yarn-site,xml are important.
For those I have

<property>
  <name>yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb</name>
  <description>Amount of max physical memory, in MB, that can be allocated
for YARN containers.</description>
  <value>8192</value>
</property>
<property>
   <name>yarn.nodemanager.vmem-pmem-ratio</name>
    <description>Ratio between virtual memory to physical memory when
setting memory limits for containers</description>
    <value>2.1</value>
  </property>
<property>
    <name>yarn.scheduler.maximum-allocation-mb</name>
    <description>Maximum memory for each container</description>
    <value>8192</value>
  </property>
<property>
    <name>yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-mb</name>
    <description>Minimum memory for each container</description>
    <value>2048</value>
  </property>

However, I noticed that you Alexander have the following settings

yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb = 54272
yarn.scheduler.maximum-allocation-mb = 54272

With 8 Spark executor cores that gives you 6GB of memory per core. As a
matter of interest how much memory and how many cores do you have for each
node?

Thanks

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *